Part of the fun of meal prep is being efficient and effective. Who doesn't love a new gadget or lifehack to make things easier? We sure do! The slow cooker is, without a doubt, the superhero of meal prep. Every superhero needs a sidekick. We have rounded up six sidekicks that are sure to raise the bar for the frequent crockpot user.
- Crockpot liners - If you hate cleaning up as much as we do, this is a game-changer! These liners let you skip the soaking and scrubbing. You throw the liner in the pot before you add your food and toss it when you're done, simple.
- Carrier case - A carrier case will open up your crock pot's world! There's no better way to attend potlucks and other events than with a yummy meal packed up and kept warm in your slow cooker!
- Meat shredders - Have you fully mastered the art of pulled meat? Whether you're cooking up some pulled pork, chicken fajitas, or beef roast...these babies will be ready to shred! Cook your favorite meat in your slow cooker, so it's nice and tender, then shred it effortlessly! Shredded meat can be added to soups, stews, stir-fries, quesadillas, or any number of other meals.
- Roasting rack - While we don't mind cooking a whole chicken right on the pot of the slow cooker, some people prefer the use of a roasting rack. This simple rack lifts your food off the bottom of the pot so that it's still moist but not soaked when you cut into it. Try it out and see which way you prefer.
- What A Crock - There is absolutely nothing that is going to make using your crockpot easier than What A Crock Meals To Go. What A Crock offers multiple meal service options that you can customize to your family's tastes. There are plenty of meal kits out there, but those still take time and prep work. What a Crock lets you place a meal in your slow cooker in the morning, and you'll have a delicious dinner by the evening.
- Slow Cooker Lid Holder - If you attend potlucks regularly, you know that the tables are full, and there is not a lot of space. What do you do with your drippy crockpot lid while people are serving themselves? Easy! You use a lid holder that keeps the top of your slow cooker right with your pot and directs any liquid back into the pot. If you want to go the extra mile, get one that has a built-in spoon holder! It's neat and convenient.
Crockpots make our lives so much easier. They make it possible to provide our families with hot, healthy meals without a lot of muss and fuss. They are our superheroes but these sidekicks make using the slow cooker even more fun and effective. Enjoy!